BD Waterproofing Agent
BridgeDECK Waterproofing Agent is a biochemical modified silicate solution that provides long-term waterproofing and durability benefits to concrete. It penetrates into concrete and reacts with free calcium and water to form a calcium silicate gel complex in cracks, pores and capillaries. This gel creates a subsurface barrier against the ingress of water and contaminants such as chloride ions.
BridgeDECK Waterproofing Agent will seal stable cracks up to 5/64” (2.0 mm) in width and will seal future, non-structural cracks, up to 1/64” (0.4 mm). In the matrix, the product remains reactive when in contact with water, to provide autogenous healing properties to future hairline cracks that increase in size.
• Long-term performance
• 100% trafficable within 6-8 hours of application.
• Find stubborn cracks easily, with an easy fix.
• Protects against the harmful effects of corrosion by penetrating
the surface of existing concrete to extend the service life of any
reinforced concrete structure.
• NSF 61 Potable Water Approved.
• Vapor permeable, does not trap moisture within the slab.
• Graffitti Protection
BridgeDECK Waterproofing Agent comes in the following sizes;
- 5 gallon Pails (18.92 liters)
- 55 gallon drums (208.2 liters)
• Colorless & odorless, clear to slightly opaque
• Non-toxic & Biodegradable
• Percent non-volatile solids: 27.7%
• Specific gravity at 77°F (25°C): 1.225
• Flash point – no true flash – boils at 214°F (101°C)
• Auto-ignition temperature – N/A Non-explosive
• Viscosity – 14.3 centipoise or 0.1172 Stokes
• Hazardous chemicals – Sodium Silicate (modified)
• pH 11.7
Protect glass, aluminum, wood and painted surfaces, terra-cotta and glass-glazed tiles, red brick, marble and
travertine from over-spray.
•Seals cracks up to 5/64” (2.0 mm) on initial application and will seal future non-structural cracks up to 1/64” (0.4 mm), except for cold
•Reduction of chloride diffusion coefficient by 89% to 3.5 (10-12m2/s).
•Increases surface hardness from 6 to 8 on Moh’s scale.
•Reduces scaling in freeze-thaw environments by 89% at 50 cycles.
•Allows 84.1% moisture vapor permeability.
•Suitable for tanking applications (positive hydrostatic pressure) – tested to 400 meters (1,312’).
•Prevents concrete scaling.
•Can be applied vertically or horizontally
•Provides long lasting internal protection & moisture blocking from positive and negative sides.
•100% Green, Environmentally safe Non-Toxic
BridgeDECK Waterproofing Agent must be applied to a clean, dry, dust-free concrete surface, at least 28 days old. If the surface is not clean, then the use of one of the following Alchemco Clean & Repair (ACR) products, or a shot blast system, is required for prepping the surface for warrantied applications. Chemical cleaning may require multiple applications and the use of different products to achieve complete cleaning. Certain types of cleaning equipment may improve performance and speed of application when applying chemical cleaners, contact the Technical Department for a list of approved equipment and cleaning methods.
- ACR Concrete & Masonry Cleaner
- ACR Emulsifying Cleaner
- ACR Concrete & Masonry Etch
- ACRPaint & Stain Remover
- ACR Rust Converter & Inhibitor
Where concrete repairs are required, chip out and treat with ACR Concrete Patch & Repair. Once repaired, allow at least 24 hours for patches to dry and cure. If works needs to be completed faster, then use ACR HP Concrete Repair. Do not apply where ambient temperatures are below +39°F (+4°C)
or above +95°F (+35°C). Do not apply within 24 hours of the surface being wet.
Normal: 1 gallon per 200 square feet (1 liter to 5 square meters) on average. Can vary depending on substrate absorption, including the age of concrete and original density.
1. Locate all cracks and flood with solution.
2. Apply the solution to the remaining area at a rate of between 180-220 ft ² per gallon.
3. First watering – When surface becomes touch dry – (usually 2-6 hours depending on wind conditions and ambient temperature) flood spray the treated areas with water. If product is still wet after 6 hours, begin first watering.
4. Step Two: apply ACR Crack & Void to all cracks, then apply ACR Accelerating Agent to the rest of the surface.
5. Step Three: Once area is dry, water again.
6. After the third watering, block drains and pond area for a minimum of 12 hours to verify the waterproof seal.