Webinar - AIA CES
Updated: Apr 15
Waterproofing Concrete Structures: Needs, Benefits, and Options Join us on this webinar!
Concrete is one of the most utilized construction materials in the world. However, in order to realize it’s maximum potential lifespan, steps must be taken to prevent premature deterioration.
Options to effectively waterproof concrete structures include a variety of integral & non-integral products and systems. As with many things, the wide range of products available in the marketplace can sometimes be more confusing than helpful.
This course will provide you with the knowledge necessary to understand what causes concrete to deteriorate ... the various methods available to increase its sustainability & durability ... and the advantages & disadvantage of the common waterproofing options being used today.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Understand why waterproofing is important for the long-term structural integrity of concrete in construction projects
2. Identify the main causes of structural concrete deterioration
3. Discuss the common types of concrete waterproofing applications available in the North American marketplace
4. NEW Concrete: Explain why admixtures using ‘Crystalline’ technology effectively
contribute to reducing its maintenance requirements ... and enhance its sustainability
5. EXISTING Concrete: Know the difference between using ‘Crystalline' technology ...
and ‘Modified Silicate Gel' technology for topical applications
1.0 LU/HSW earned upon completion of this course will be reported to AIA CES for AIA
members. Certificates of Completion for both AIA members and non-AIA members are
available upon request.